Please join the Performing Arts Department as we present Bye Bye, Birdie on March 2, 3 at 7pm and March 4 at 7:30pm in the Performing Arts Center.
Bye Bye Birdie — Book by Mike Stewart, Music by Charles Strouse, Lyrics by Lee Adams — is set in 1958. The story was inspired by the phenomenon of popular singer Elvis Presley and his draft notice into the Army in 1957. Historical tidbit: The rock star character’s name, “Conrad Birdie,” is word play on the name of Conway Twitty, a rock-and-roll rival of Presley’s.
This annual production is a collaboration of Drama, Instrumental and Choral students who put together a Broadway musical every year.
*** UPDATE: Tickets are sold out for Friday and Saturday. We may have a limited number of tickets at the door if any are returned by patrons who cannot attend ***
These performances always sell out, so get your tickets early! Tickets are $18 for Adults and $16 for Students and Seniors (60 and older)
All tickets are reserved seating and can be purchased online. If you purchase tickets and find you cannot attend, please let us know so we can release your seat and sell it to another interested patron. Please plan on arriving early, as the House will be at capacity.
Buy tickets here!
Acalanes Performing Arts Booster Board is looking for volunteers to serve as board members for 2017-2018 school year!
The board needs volunteers to shadow current parents for President, Secretary and Treasurer roles.
Please contact President, Mary Burrill, at email@example.com if interested.
This board enables Acalanes High School out-of-classroom performing arts experiences such as the spring musical, school plays, concerts and clinics! The board works in partnership with LPIE to support the performing arts teachers for Choral, Drama and Instrumental Music.
The overall commitment includes:
- Attending ~5 meetings during school year with teachers and LPIE
- Performing non-profit functions such as managing yearly donations, submitting yearly tax returns, printing yearly brochures, etc
- Attending Dons Days to communicate with parents about the arts program
- Overseeing financial processes per non-profit requirements such as managing bank accounts, budgeting and actual spending
- Facilitates ~5 board meetings per year plus smaller board meetings to prepare for special events (ie Dons Day)
- Ensures non-profit requirements are met per by-laws including overseeing board meetings, submitting tax returns, recording of minutes/financial reports, adhering to budgeting cycles
- Acts as point of contact for communication with School Administration and LPIE
- Plans and facilitates execution of yearly goals
- Acts as overall administrator for bank accounts and ensure segregation of duties for check signers
- Files yearly government paperwork required for non-profit status
- Records and publishes board meeting minutes
- Handles correspondence received at local PO Box
- Assists in setup of yearly bank account signers
- Writes thank you response for larger donations and contributions
- Acts as administrator of General bank account
- Oversees bank accounts of sub-boards and enforce internal controls
- Proposes and manage yearly general fund budget
- Writes checks for common expenses
- Deposits donations from Dons Days and throughout year