Thanks to Blueprint for reporting on the ceremony celebrating seniors who are pursuing the arts in college.
April 24, 25, 26, & 27, 2019 at 7:00pm in the Little Theater
Get your deerstalker cap on – the play’s afoot! Comedic genius Ken Ludwig transforms Arthur Conan Doyle’s classic The Hound of the Baskervilles into a murderously funny adventure. Sherlock Holmes is on the case. The male heirs of the Baskerville line are being dispatched one by one. To find their ingenious killer, Holmes and Watson must brave the desolate moors before a family curse dooms its newest heir. Watch as our intrepid investigators try to escape a dizzying web of clues, silly accents, disguises, and deceit as 13 actors deftly portray more than forty characters. Does a wild hellhound prowl the moors of Devonshire? Can our heroes discover the truth in time? Join the fun and see how far from elementary the truth can be. Tickets are available on the Acalanes Web Store.
2019 Acalanes Performing Arts Scholarship Available !
The Acalanes Performing Arts Boosters are proud to announce the offering of a $1,000 scholarship to a graduating senior who has demonstrated passion and commitment to the Performing Arts at AHS and who intends to pursue a major or minor college degree in the performing arts.
It is the mission of APAB to bring high quality performing arts education to the students of AHS and encourage continued pursuit of careers in the performing arts.
Applications are available March 1, 2019 and must be submitted by April 12, 2019. The winner will be announced at Senior Award Night. Follow link below to access application including requirements for consideration and submission deadlines.
The defense and the prosecution have rested and the jury is filing into the jury room to decide if a young man is guilty or innocent of murdering his father. What begins as an open and shut case soon becomes a mini-drama of each of the jurors’ prejudices and preconceptions about the trial, the accused, and each other.
12 Angry Jurors runs October 24, 25, 26, and 27 at 7:00 in the Acalanes Little Theatre.
Tickets are $7.00 for Students/Seniors and $12.00 for General Admission, and are available online or at the door.
Do you like Making Personal Connections?
Being Part of a Mission?
Meeting other Dedicated Parents?
Become a Performing Arts Volunteer!
Acalanes Performing Arts Boosters (APAB) needs your talent and passion!
Seeking Treasurer for Governing Board – 2018-2019 School Year (usually 1 hr/month plus board meetings)
We also need:
*Event Planning & Coordination * Publicity & Promotion of Performing Arts on Campus and our Lafayette Community * Don’s Day* Volunteer Coordination * Back to School Night * Website Management * New Student Open House * Writing Human Interest Stories *
If you’re interested, please email Debra Bussey, President
“Start Where You Are, Use What you Have, Do What You Can” (Arthur Ashe)
AHS DramaDons presents Mary Zimmerman’s Metamorphoses.
Timeless lessons of Ovid’s tales and related works are brought to life in this series of dramatic vignettes filled with Gods and humans alike. Set in water, the scenes reflect the human condition and eventual transformation needed to reach redemption. Directed by AHS Drama Teacher, Ed Meehan.
April 26, 27, 28 & 29 at 7:00pm
Presented in The Acalanes High School’s Little Theater
$7 Students & Seniors / $12 General
Tickets available now in our online store!
Please join the Performing Arts Department as we present Bye Bye, Birdie on March 2, 3 at 7pm and March 4 at 7:30pm in the Performing Arts Center.
Bye Bye Birdie — Book by Mike Stewart, Music by Charles Strouse, Lyrics by Lee Adams — is set in 1958. The story was inspired by the phenomenon of popular singer Elvis Presley and his draft notice into the Army in 1957. Historical tidbit: The rock star character’s name, “Conrad Birdie,” is word play on the name of Conway Twitty, a rock-and-roll rival of Presley’s.
*** UPDATE: Tickets are sold out for Friday and Saturday. We may have a limited number of tickets at the door if any are returned by patrons who cannot attend ***
These performances always sell out, so get your tickets early! Tickets are $18 for Adults and $16 for Students and Seniors (60 and older)
All tickets are reserved seating and can be purchased online. If you purchase tickets and find you cannot attend, please let us know so we can release your seat and sell it to another interested patron. Please plan on arriving early, as the House will be at capacity.
Acalanes Performing Arts Booster Board is looking for volunteers to serve as board members for 2017-2018 school year!
The board needs volunteers to shadow current parents for President, Secretary and Treasurer roles.
Please contact President, Mary Burrill, at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
This board enables Acalanes High School out-of-classroom performing arts experiences such as the spring musical, school plays, concerts and clinics! The board works in partnership with LPIE to support the performing arts teachers for Choral, Drama and Instrumental Music.
The overall commitment includes:
- Attending ~5 meetings during school year with teachers and LPIE
- Performing non-profit functions such as managing yearly donations, submitting yearly tax returns, printing yearly brochures, etc
- Attending Dons Days to communicate with parents about the arts program
- Overseeing financial processes per non-profit requirements such as managing bank accounts, budgeting and actual spending
- Facilitates ~5 board meetings per year plus smaller board meetings to prepare for special events (ie Dons Day)
- Ensures non-profit requirements are met per by-laws including overseeing board meetings, submitting tax returns, recording of minutes/financial reports, adhering to budgeting cycles
- Acts as point of contact for communication with School Administration and LPIE
- Plans and facilitates execution of yearly goals
- Acts as overall administrator for bank accounts and ensure segregation of duties for check signers
- Files yearly government paperwork required for non-profit status
- Records and publishes board meeting minutes
- Handles correspondence received at local PO Box
- Assists in setup of yearly bank account signers
- Writes thank you response for larger donations and contributions
- Acts as administrator of General bank account
- Oversees bank accounts of sub-boards and enforce internal controls
- Proposes and manage yearly general fund budget
- Writes checks for common expenses
- Deposits donations from Dons Days and throughout year
Acalanes Choral Department Presents – Winter Wind, Winter Moon
Students are free, Seniors are $5 and Adults are $10. Click here to purchase tickets. We now have reserved seating so all attendees must select seats through the above
ticket link including students.
- Chorale, Concert Choir
- special guests The Devil Mountain Chorus
- Women’s Octet, Harmonix, and the Innuendos
Thursday, December 15th at 7pm
- Chorale, Women’s Ensemble, Bella Voce
- special guests Nothing But Treble and 2Pitchy4U
- Women’s Octet, Harmonix, and the Innuendos