- Thank you Mr. Dea After teaching 35 years in the Acalanes Unified School District (ten years at Acalanes and 25 years at Las Lomas,) Mr. Dea will be retiring at the end of the 2017-2018 school year. In addition to his dedication to music within our school district, Mr. Dea has served as an adjudicator, clinician and honor band conductor for countless festivals around the country. Mr. Dea is past president of the California Music Educators Association (CMEA) and past president of the California Band Directors Association (CBDA).
- Stanley Jazz Cafe – June 1st – Featuring The Acalanes Jazz Ensemble On Friday, June 1 from 6-10pm, the Stanley multi-use room will be transformed into a Jazz Club, where parents, friends and community members can gather to mingle, eat great food, and hear fabulous live jazz. This annual event is something we look forward to all year; it is also the sole fundraiser for our wonderful Jazz program.Please come to hear performances by:
Details:Reserved tables and seating available onlineReserved Tables – $125 (seats about 5; limit 2 per family)
- The Stanley Jazz Crusaders
- The Stanley Jazz Messengers
- Campolindo Jazz Band
- Acalanes Jazz Ensemble
- And more!
Reserved seating – $15Eventbrite also allows online donations to the Jazz program–these aren’t required, but are welcome and encouraged.Unreserved seating (sold the day of the event; cash only)
Adults – $10Children 6 to 10 – $5Children under 6 – freeDinner will be available for purchase from 5:30-7:00 (cash only)
Desserts and beverages will be available for purchase all evening (cash only)Raffles and silent auction (cash only)Visit stanleymusic.org for more information.
- The Stanley Jazz Crusaders
- Concert at the Res May 12
The Acalanes Jazz Ensemble will join bands from Stanley and Westlake Middle Schools, Bentley High School and the Big Band of Rossmoor in the annual Concert at the Res on May 12, 2018.
Click here for more information.
- Jazz Ensemble Performs at College of San Mateo Jazz Festival Congratulations to the Acalanes High School Jazz Ensemble for their wonderful performance Nov. 17, 2017 at the College of San Mateo Jazz Festival. The college adjudicators scored them with a 97-91-91, for an average of 93, among the upper echelon at the festival. All three adjudicators commented on how wonderful the students performed and how impressed they were. In a message to the Ensemble Mr. Dea said: “I couldn’t be more proud of a group of students than I was today. You represented the Acalanes and Lafayette school community with honor and distinction.”
Congratulations to the following students for being singled out for outstanding performances by the adjudication panel:
- John Leamy (Senior) – Flugelhorn/Trumpet
- Kenny Workman (Senior) – Trumpet
- Maverick Fabela (Junior) – Piano
- Napa Valley Invitational Choir Festival Results
Bella Voce and Concert Choir received Unanimous Superior ratings at the Napa Valley Invitational Choir Festival at Napa High School. Their panel of judges were: Jo-Michael Scheibe from USC, Jing Ling Tam from University of Texas at Arlington, and Jerry Blackstone from U of Michigan. This is the first time that Concert Choir has attended this festival and both groups got, not only high marks, but a lot of affirmation of the work they’ve been doing and recognition of their level of artistry. Bravi Tutti!